The Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to strengthening and improving the welfare and quality of life for all who work for the El Cid family including their families, the community and the environment in which we live.
The fundamental principles are to:
- Improve the quality of life for El Cid employees and their families, primarily in the areas of health, education, and housing.
- Promote environmental education and conservation of our environment to reduce pollution and protect our natural resources.
- Support non-profit institutions and non-governmental organizations that are committed to social welfare projects.
- Promote, advise, and support the development of small family businesses to increase their household economies.
The support offered by the El Cid Foundation to its employees includes:
- Paying the annual registration fee for one child of every employee, who is in primary, secondary, or high school. We also provide a stipend to help pay for uniform fees and school supplies.
- Offering a 50% discount on medical tests.
- Providing literacy programs for employee, their children, and their spouses.
- Granting monetary loans to employees earning a lower salary.
- Providing employees with out-of-service hotel furniture and items at affordable prices.
- Arranging festivities for children of employees, throughout the year.
- Supplying support and guidance for employees in need of childcare.
- Offering guidance to those in need of medical assistance.
- Instituting a home improvement program.
One of the many ways the foundation is supported is through proceeds from in-room bottled water (10 pesos) and in-room coffee (10 pesos) which are donated to the El Cid Foundation.