El Cid Resorts - Environmentally Friendly
El Cid Resorts seeks to always be involved in any way possible to help to make the world a better place. With 45 years of history in the hospitality industry providing the best family experiences with quality of service, constant renovation of all areas and a wide array of entertainment, activities and food options, El Cid also strongly acknowledges the importance of preserving the environment.
For these reasons, El Cid Resorts has implemented several guidelines and practices to make sure to lower the impact on the environment and to make a difference.
- Several of El Cid hotels have been awarded with the Green Leaders Certification, granted by TripAdvisor, for implementing environmentally friendly practices that meet the organization’s stringent guidelines.
- Linen and towel re-use, recycling, on-site composting and reducing energy.
- Tesla chose El Cid Resorts as its first Destination Charging site in Mazatlán for electric vehicles.
- Recognition by PROFEPA, México’s Federal Environmental Agency with the highest certification for sustainability.
- El Cid has a “tree and plant” rescue program where, anywhere El Cid builds, they replant anything that has been removed.
- El Cid works with university students to teach them about the importance of preserving the environment.
- “Colegio de la Frontera Sur” Research Institute and El Cid Resorts, work hand in hand to take care of botanical gardens and plant nurseries.
- 74% of Ventus at Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort property is used for composting and wildlife preservation.