Privacy & Security Statement
We appreciate your confidence in us and promise that personal information entrusted to us is protected to the best of our ability. The personal information that you provide us shall be treated in keeping with the provisions stipulated in this Privacy Notice and according to the Mexican Federal Law for Protection of Personal Data held by Private Persons http://www.ifai.gob.mx/.
The following companies are committed to protecting your privacy and next referred as El Cid:
- Hoteles El Cid Mazatlán, S.A. de C.V domiciled at Av. Camarón Sábalo S/N, C.P. 82110, Mazatlán Sinaloa, México
- Operadora Turística El Cid Riviera Maya, S.A. de C.V. domiciled at Blvd. El Cid, Mza 20, Lote 1-01, Unidad 15 Colonia SM 03, Puerto Morelos Quintana Roo México
- Desarrolladora e Inmobiliaria Turística Cozumel, S.A. de C.V. domiciled at Carretera a Chankanaab Km. 4.5 Zona Hotelera Sur, C.P. 77600, Cozumel Quintana Roo México
- El Cid Vacations Club, S.A. de C.V. domiciled at Carretera a Chankanaab Km. 4.5 Zona Hotelera Sur, C.P. 77600, Cozumel Quintana Roo México
- Desarrolladora e Inmobiliaria Náutica El Cid, S.A. de C.V. domiciled at Circuito el Campeador 1 Altos, Fracc. El Cid Mazatlán Sinaloa México C.P. 82110
- Nuempresas S.A. de C.V. domiciled at Carretera a Chankanaab Km. 4.5 Zona Hotelera Sur, C.P. 77600, Cozumel Quintana Roo México
- Promotours del Noroeste S.A. de C.V. domiciled at Av. Camarón Sábalo S/N Centro Comercial El Cid Local 18, Zona Dorada, Mazatlán Sinaloa, México C.P. 82110
B. Purpose and Treatment of Personal Information.
- The personal information provided to us will be used by El Cid to render the services you request, such as: reservations, purchase of vacation packages, vacation club memberships, enrollment any loyalty program and any other transaction related to generally rendering tourism and commercial services.
- El Cid may use the personal information provided to us to offer you a better service and, if applicable, to identify your preferences during your stay, making it more pleasant.
- Likewise, El Cid may use the information to offer you tourism and commercial promotions and products in general, as well any other related product or service including, without limitation, delivery of promotions, special services, informational bulletins, surveys and other El Cid products and services.
- El Cid may share with or transmit the information to El Cid' associates or to third parties in order to perform only tasks that El Cid has directed them to do.
- Finally, the information which you provide us may be treated pursuant to the cases expressly authorized by article 10 of the Federal Law for Protection of Personal Data held by Private Persons.
C. Personal Information Use or Disclosure Limitations.
How Information is Collected
El Cid primarily collects information about users by voluntary submission, IP addresses and cookies. No registration is required to enter our Web Sites other than a Membership section of a given site.
When users elect to make online reservations, complete a survey, submit a form request or subscribe to newsletters via our email list, users are required to supply certain personal information during the reservation and/or subscription process. Information collected through these forms may be used by El Cid to improve the content of our Web Sites, gather demographic information and provide meaningful information to our users. El Cid limits access to your personal information to those employees who need such information in order to perform essential functions relating to your request or service.
El Cid will not disclose, share, sell or divulge any personal information, such as address, email, telephone and fax numbers, to third parties unless we have informed you, have been authorized by you or are required to do so by law
Use of website by minors
El Cid feels particularly strong about protection of the privacy of children. No information should be submitted to the El Cid site by users under the age 18. Children under the age 18 may not make online reservations or register for email subscriptions. El Cid online services are not for use by minors and El Cid neither requests nor collects information relating to minors.
When visitors to our Web Sites join a mailing list, ,we log (record) the IP address, date and time of the “opt-in” subscription request. Likewise, if a visitor engages in a Live Chat session or submits a form request, we log (record) the IP address, date and time of the activity. To prevent unwanted subscriptions, an email will be sent to the requesting party asking them to confirm the subscription by clicking on the link provided. If the subscription is not confirmed, the email address will not be added to our list.
El Cid may periodically send out email newsletters and other electronic notifications to our users about new services, products or other news using email addresses provided during online reservation and email list subscription. Each email you receive from us will contain an “opt-out/update preferences” link. To have your email address promptly removed from our list, simply click on the link provided in the email and your address will be removed automatically from our system within the required 10 calendar days. Likewise, you will have the opportunity to modify your preferences of the types of communication you would like to receive from us.
From time-to-time El Cid may send guest satisfaction surveys via email to past guests/customers or list subscribers. Participation is completely voluntary. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age and preferences). We use your comments and suggestions in our ongoing effort to provide our guests/customers with memorable experiences and superior service.
Our Web Sites may contain links to other Web Sites. El Cid is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web Sites. Inclusion of links to such Web Sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such Web Sites by El Cid.
D. Data Provision Options
At any time, you may limit the information provided to El Cid by sending a written request to the following address: Av. Camarón Sabalo S/N Fracc. El Cid, Mazatlán Sinaloa México C.P. 82110 or via e-mail to email@example.com. For purpose of protecting your confidentiality, El Cid may choose to respond to your request in writing to the address or e-mail provided in your written request.
E. Exercise of Access, Correction, Cancellation and Opposition Rights.
The right to access, to correct, to cancel or to oppose the information provided to El Cid, as established in the Mexican Federal Law for Protection of Personal Information held by Private Persons, may be exercised by delivering a request addressed to El Cid, on the terms of subsection D above. Said request will be answered either in writing or by e-mail on the terms established therein.
F. Control and Security of Personal Information.
El Cid binds itself to take the actions necessary to protect the collected information, by using secure technology and control procedures for access, use or disclosure of your personal information without authorization, for example, storing the personal information provided in El Cid servers with limited access controls. For online transactions, we also use secure technology which protects personal information transmitted to us through diverse electronic means. However, no data security or transmission system which is not under the company's full control and/or depends on the Internet may be guaranteed completely safe.
G. Electronic resources and cookies
In the case that you use electronic resources in connection with your personal data, cookies will be generated to give you a better service.
Cookies are small bits of information sent through the website to your browser. Cookies are stored on your computer's hard drive and used to determine preferences when connecting to our site services, as well as to track certain types of behavior and/or activities that you perform when using our websites.
In some sections of our site we ask the customer to activate the cookies function, given that some tasks require them for proper operation. Cookies allow us to: a) become aware of when you enter our sites, thus enabling us to offer you a personalized experience, b) display the personal configuration you have selected for the site; for example, cookies allow us to detect the broadband you have selected when opening the home page of our websites. Therefore, we can determine what kind of information is convenient to download, c) calculate the size of our audience and measure some of the traffic parameters, given that each browser that obtains access to our sites acquires a cookie that is used to determine user frequency and sections of the site visited, reflecting habits and preferences, information that will allow us to improve the content, headings and promotions for users. Cookies can also be used to help us track some activities such as detecting whether or not a user has already filled out an online survey, thus not duplicating the information in such a case. The "help" button on the toolbar of most browsers will tell you how to avoid accepting new cookies, how to tell your browser to notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to deactivate all cookies. Remember, cookies can help you take advantage of the benefits we offer. We recommend that you leave them activated.
H. Modifications to this Privacy Notice.
Due to the foregoing, we suggest that you periodically visit this Privacy Notice for information of any updates.