Cozumel Attraction Guide
El Cid La Ceiba Beach places you near the most amazing sights, sounds, and attractions of Cozumel. Take a look at our attraction guide to learn more about fun things to see and do in Cozumel, Mexico.
Chankanaab ParkCozumel's most famous site, located just six miles south of Le Ceiba Beach, Chankanaab Park features a crystal-clear lagoon teeming with tropical fish and a reef perfect for scuba diving and snorkeling.
The park's key characteristics include:
- Lagoon with reef
- Coral, sunken cannons, anchors
- Dolphin Discovery, an outdoor facility where visitors can swim with curious creatures: Four 30-minute swims, preceded by a 30-minute educational program, are scheduled daily
- Botanical Gardens with over 200 species of tropical and sub-tropical plants and lots of native iguanas; the gardens include an outdoor, life-size display of a typical Mayan home
- Beach for swimming and sunning
- On-site dive shops rent equipment and provide guides and instruction
- Thatched-roof restaurants serve Mexican cuisine in a casual setting, with excellent drinks and marimba music
- Playa San Francisco
- Playa Sol
- Playa Mc
- Playa Palancar
- Playa Bonita
- Chen Rio
- Punta Morena
- Punta Este
- Village of El Cedral
- Punta Celarain, home to a Mayan Temple and lighthouse
- El Mirador, rock structure with panoramic overlook
Swim with stingrays and dolphins
- Swim with stingrays 3 minutes up north from La Ceiba
- Swim with dolphins at Delphinus, the second dolphinary in Cozumel, located 4 minutes up north from La Ceiba
Country Club Cozumel boasts an 18-hole, Jack Nicklaus-designed course ideal for beginners or experts.
- Known as the most important Mayan site on Cozumel Island
- Sacred Mayan site and sanctuary to the Goddess Ixchel
- Location of the most important temples, and nine buildings that form an enclosed patio
- Numerous aquifers and an abundance of cenotes
Punta Sur Park is an Ecological Reserve enclosing a variety of natural wonders; rich in coastal dunes, mangroves, reefs, lagoon systems and beautiful beaches.
Other park attractions include:
- A light house museum dedicated to navigation, 5 exhibition rooms about Mayan navigators and buccaneers, marine navigational signs
- Mayan archaeological vestiges from the VII through XII centuries, as well as areas to watch crocodiles
- Catamaran ride for 30 people at Colombia Sur lagoon
- Miles of beautiful beaches that serve as sanctuaries for sea turtles
- Beautiful coral reefs and extensive flora and fauna biodiversity
Island Museum offers a geographic view and history of Cozumel in four exhibition rooms. Conceived as an instrument of ecological education, it informs children and young people about the preservation of Cozumel's equilibrium and fragile ecosystems. Other features include temporary and permanent expositions by local and international artists.
Atlantis SubmarineThe 48-passenger submarine, Atlantis XII, offers you a chance to experience why Cozumel is one of the top dive destinations in the world. Diving to depths of up to 100 feet, Atlantis brings you up close and personal with Cozumel's top attraction, Chankanaab, an exciting part of the world's second-largest reef. While on this comfortable, safe voyage to the ocean floor, look out the extra-large viewing ports of the Atlantis XII and enjoy the wonders of the deep.